People are reminiscing about Daft Punk's historic 2006 Coachella performance after the EDM duo splits up
- Daft Punk, the iconic dance music duo, announced their split on Monday after 28 years.
- The news inspired fans to reminisce about the duo's legendary live performances.
- In particular, Daft Punk's set at Coachella in 2006 is widely seen as the best EDM show in history.
Daft Punk has called it quits 28 years after the iconic duo was formed in Paris.
Thomas Bangalter and Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo became known for wearing robot helmets in public and making some of history's most popular dance songs, including "Around the World," "One More Time," and "Get Lucky."Daft Punk's last album was released in 2013: "Random Access Memories," which won album of the year at the Grammy Awards.
The news inspired fans to reminisce about Daft Punk's legendary live performances.
—Liam O'Donnell (@LiamODin) February 22, 2021
—prakala djoen (@prakalajun) February 22, 2021
—DubscribeRoboKitty Remix OUT NOW (@Dubscribe_) February 22, 2021Daft Punk's famous pyramid stage was originally debuted during their Coachella set in 2006, which is widely credited with sparking the rise of high-energy, LED-heavy EDM shows.
—James Livitski (@gentlemanbronco) February 22, 2021
—lukey q (@nah_solo) February 22, 2021
—Chris McDonald (@thechris104) February 22, 2021
—Redstripe Moses (@blvvckbvvdg3rrr) February 22, 2021
—Psychedelic Hubris (@brodeep) February 22, 2021
Some fans reposted clips of the set from BBC's 2015 documentary "Daft Punk Unchained.""It was kind of the birth of EDM," KCRW music director Jason Bentley narrates. "From that point on, dance music needed to have a giant spectacle onstage. You can love it or you can hate it, but the fact is that nothing was the same after that performance."
—Tashdeed Faruk (@TKFaruk8) February 22, 2021
—Brownies & Lemonade (@TeamBandL) February 22, 2021
- Top stocks to watch out for on March 8
- Karnataka budget 2021-22 to be presented on March 8
- Delhi Budget likely to have special allocation for free COVID vaccination at govt hospitals: Sources
- Future iPhones may arrive with Smart Magnetic Connectors, says report
- Centre proposes to raise LIC's authorised capital to ₹25,000 crore