Phoebe Bridgers wants to 'plagiarize' the saddest song from Bo Burnham's new special, and we fully support this
Phoebe Bridgerswants to make us all even more sad by copying Bo Burnham's "That Funny Feeling."
- The song is from his
Netflixspecial, " Inside," and is about the uncanny feeling of "derealization."
- Bridgers would be the perfect artist for a recreation of the song's beautiful-but-depressing vibes.
Grammy-nominated artist Phoebe Bridgers is a big fan of Bo Burnham's new special, "Inside." On Wednesday evening, the singer posted a screenshot of herself listening to a song from the new musical-comedy on Spotify, and said she wanted to copy it.
"Every bone in my body wants to plagiarize this," Bridgers wrote, referring to "That Funny Feeling."
The song is an acoustic ballad, and uses plenty of proper nouns - just like many of Bridgers' signature songs from her first two albums. "That Funny Feeling" is about a vague sense of discomfort and mental disorder symptoms like "derealization."
Burnham's lyrics mostly comprise of a list of people, things, and events (like the "live-action Lion King" or "in honor of the revolution, it's half-off at the Gap") without much elaboration. But one line in the song has struck a chord with Burnham's at-home audience.
"Googling 'derealization,' hating what you find," he sings in the third verse.
If you look at Google's data for the number of people searching the word "derealization," there's a huge spike starting right around May 30 - the day "Inside" premiered on Netflix.
Now Bridgers has joined the cohort of fans who fell in love with Burnham's new special and this song in particular. Her style fits perfectly with it's beautiful-but-depressing vibes, and we think she should not only plagiarize it but also just straight up do a cover of "That Funny Feeling." It's what all of her Sad Girl Summer fans deserve.
- Towards a Greener Footprint: Prioritising Carbon-Neutrality Makes Good Businesses Sense! Are Indian Firms Making the Transition?
- Netflix confirms an ad supported tier is coming to its streaming service by year end
- Accenture, Cognizant could see revenue growth but a strong US dollar could spoil the party
- Kharif sowing is off to a weak start with extended dry spells and floods
- Best ladder for home use in India