Rachel McAdams sings in the Netflix 'Eurovision Song Contest' movie, but her performance was blended with vocals from a Swedish singer
- Warning: There are spoilers below for "
EurovisionSong Contest: The Story of Fire Saga."
- Rachel McAdams' character, Sigrit, is an Icelandic singer in the new
- McAdams sings parts of some of the songs, and one in full.
- Many of the songs were blended with Swedish singer Molly Sandén.
Netflix's fun and light-hearted "Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga" showcases Rachel McAdams and Will Ferrell as Icelandic singers, Sigrit and Lars, hoping to win the Eurovision singing contest.
Sigrit shows off vocals so impressive that frontrunner Alexander Lemtov (Dan Stevens) takes an interest in her talent.If you've watched the film, you're probably wondering if McAdams is actually singing. Advertisement
The answer is partly.
A Netflix representative told Insider McAdams sang the beginning of a few songs and one in its entirety. Other songs were a blend of her voice and that of Swedish singer Molly Sandén, who was actually a contestant on the Junior Eurovision Song Contest in 2006.
Ferrell does all of his own singing."I was singing all the songs and then [director] David [Dobkin] would kind of lift bits of my performance," McAdams told the AV Club, who said she watched Björk to help with her performance as an Icelandic singer. "The bulk of the
"They did some fancy stuff in the studio and pulled it together that way," she added. "And then I sing the song that my character's composing."
The song McAdams sings in full is when she's working out the lyrics to Sigrit's song, "Husavik." You can watch that moment an hour and two minutes into the
McAdams said she became "very hoarse" and was losing her voice by the end of the finale song, which you can watch, in part, below.
"Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga" is streaming now on Netflix.
- Film industry wishes speedy recovery for Big B, son Abhishek after they test COVID-19 positive
- 535 new COVID-19 cases in Assam
- Expand plasma therapy facilities for COVID-19 patients: CM
- West Bengal records biggest single-day jump of 1,344 COVID-19 cases
- Amitabh Bachchan and son Abhishek test positive for COVID-19, hospitalised