Rebel Wilson says she 'gets' why people are so obsessed with her weight loss
- Rebel Wilson said she got more press for her weight loss than when she had four movies coming out.
- She told Australia's Daily Telegraph that she "gets" the obsession.
Rebel Wilson says she understands why her weight loss is getting attention after spending 2020 focusing on her health.
Whilst Wilson has been acting for almost two decades, she was launched into fame for her roles in the 2010s especially as Fat Amy in the "Pitch Perfect" movies.
In an interview with Australia's Daily Telegraph, Wilson said that she was receiving more media coverage than ever after reportedly losing 60 lbs following a change in eating habits and getting a personal trainer.
"In 2019, I had, like, four movies come out, two which I produced and one, Jojo Rabbit, which got nominated for an Academy Award for Best Picture," she told Australia's Daily Telegraph (via The Independent). "Yet I get more press the following year when I do nothing except lose weight ... When I was at my heaviest, I also had the most international attention on me."
"People are so obsessed with it," Wilson continued (via People). "But I get it. Oprah is one of my heroes. She's certainly struggled with eating issues and I would always watch her episodes when she spoke about that."
Earlier this year, Wilson wrote on social media about how she used to use food to numb her emotions.
In the caption of a throwback picture with her and tennis player Novak Djokovic, the 41-year-old actress wrote: "And just wanted to send out some encouragement to everyone out there struggling with weight or body issues or emotional eating. I feel you. I know what it's like. But it's never too late to start improving yourself and trying to be the best version of YOU possible."
In 2017, the "Pitch Perfect" star said she was happy to break out of being stuck playing the plus-sized "funny friend" after being cast as the lead in Netflix's "Isn't It Romantic."
- Xiaomi Pad 5 Review - Is it best Android alternate to iPad Air?
- Mayhem Studios announces a new battle royale game with locations, gangs and other elements depicting India
- Technique used to track ants’ movement might soon help scientists in measuring snow depth from space
- Three senior Twitter employees quit amid ongoing Musk-Agrawal internet war
- Indian CEOs could get the best salary hike in 5 years; and they already make ₹7 crore/yr on an average
- Delhivery IPO
- Reliance Retail
- Indian Rupee
- Reliance JIO
- Best Deal on Smartphones
- Unacademy offline Classes
- Hubble Space
- 5G Phones Under Rs. 20000
- Disney+hotstar Subscribers
- Reliance Industries
- Venus Pipes Tubes IPO
- Matheesha Pathirana
- Adani Green
- Paradeep Phosphates balance sheet
- Spam Calls in India
- Whatsapp Reaction