Rumors about Kim Kardashian and Van Jones dating are 'absurd,' the CNN commentator says
Van Jonestold Page Six that rumors he's dating Kim KardashianWest are "absurd."
- The pair met in 2018 when they visited The White House together to advocate for prison reform.
- Jones said on "The
Ellen DegeneresShow" that Kardashian West will be an "unbelievable" lawyer.
CNN commentator Van Jones told Page Six that he never dated Kim Kardashian West and finds those rumors "absurd."
"It was flattering for me, but it probably wasn't flattering for her," he told the site at a reopening event for Jay-Z's 40/40 Club.
Whispers that the unlikely pair were romantically involved began earlier this year when it was confirmed that the reality star had split from her ex Kanye West. But Kardashian West shut the rumors about dating Jones down in June, during the "
But according to the KKW Beauty founder, the gossip had been good for Jones' social life. "Van texted me and was like, 'this rumor has gotten me so many dates and I'm so grateful, so I owe you," she told Cohen.
Jones and Kardashian West first met at the White House in 2018, while they were visiting to advocate for criminal justice reform.
"Kim is an incredibly smart, effective, humble and determined advocate," Jones wrote in a caption on Instagram. "Working day in, Day out, around the clock to win clemency for individuals who should not be doomed to spend the rest of their lives behind bars." He called the businesswoman and TV personality's dedication to the cause "a major asset."
Kardashian West's support of prison-reform issues made headlines when she joined the effort to help
Jones has continuously praised Kardashian West since then, saying during an appearance on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" in May that the mom of four is going to make an "unbelievable" lawyer. "Once she got a taste for what she could do, using her platform, using her brain... .she hasn't let up," said Jones, who has been mentoring Kardashian West throughout her legal pursuits.
Kardashian West has also been linked to Colombian singer-songwriter Maluma after hanging out with him in April, but she told Cohen she's not dating him either.
Jones separated from his wife Jana Carter in 2018 after 13 years of marriage.
- I'm a 56-year-old IT worker who got laid off last year and have been unemployed ever since. I have a hunch I'm not finding work due to ageism. How do I prove it?
- WhatsApp introduces the “Message Yourself” feature, working on voice status updates and more
- DeSantis says Congress should act if Apple follows through on Elon Musk claims and bans Twitter from App Store
- India Inc.’s rockstars of Q2 and things that investors should look out for, according to analysts
- Best refrigerator under ₹15000
- Asus ROG Phone 6 review: A bit more than just gaming
- Fintech unicorn CRED to acquire SaaS startup CreditVidya
- Jio Haptik and CASHe partner to deliver instant credit lines on Whatsapp