Sam Smith said 'we're all learning together' after Shawn Mendes apologized for misgendering them
- Shawn Mendes apologized to Sam Smith after using the wrong pronouns to introduce the "Diamonds" singer at the iHeartRadio Jingle Ball virtual event on Thursday.
- In June 2019, Smith wrote in an Instagram post that their pronouns are they/them.
- After the event on Thursday, Mendes wrote in an Instagram story: "Oh @samsmith I'm so sorry for referring to you as a 'he' for your jingle ball introduction. It absolutely slipped my mind. Won't happen again... Sending you so much love!"
- Smith replied to Mendes, writing: "We're all learning together. Happy holidays, all my love xx."
"I understand there will be many mistakes and misgendering but all I ask is you please please try," Smith wrote at the time. "I hope you can see me like I see myself now. Thank you."Smith continued: "I'm scared s---less, but feeling super free right now. Be kind."
During the iHeartRadio virtual holiday-themed concert on Thursday, Smith sang a cover of Frank Sinatra's "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas," as well as "Diamonds" and "Dancing with a Stranger." Other performers included Billie Eilish, The Weeknd, Dua Lipa, and Harry Styles.
- Cannes Lions 2021: On Day 3, Dentsu Webchutney brings home 2 Silver Lions
- Best laptop for students in India in 2021
- Twitter rolls out new update for iOS allowing users to share tweets to Instagram stories
- If you are vaccinated, IndiGo Airlines is giving discounts on airfares
- Microsoft joins Apple in $2 Trillion Club