Sandra Bullock says Keanu Reeves once showed up at her house with Champagne and truffles after she mentioned she hadn't tried them
Sandra Bullockonce told Keanu Reevesthat she never had Champagne and truffles.
- Reeves then showed up at her home with both items and flowers, she told Esquire for Reeve's profile.
Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves met when they filmed the 1994 action film "Speed," and they developed a friendship that has lasted for almost 30 years. In a new profile of Reeves published by Esquire, Bullock recounted how her friend once showed up at her home with Champagne and truffles so she could try them for the first time.
Bullock said during the earlier years of their friendship, a simple conversation about Champagne and truffles came up. She divulged to Reeves that she never had the beloved treats.
"Really?" he said.
"Nope, never had 'em," Bullock said. To her, the conversation was nothing.
But a few days later, Reeves showed up at Bullock's new house on his motorcycle, with flowers, Champagne, and truffles in hand.
"He said, 'I just thought you might want to try Champagne and truffles, to see what it's like,'" Bullock told Esquire.
"Bullock poured some Champagne, and they opened the truffles," the Esquire reporter Ryan D'Agostino wrote in the profile. "Keanu put his hands out, without a word, and Bullock painted his nails black, same as hers."
Bullock went on to demystify the illusion of Reeves, whom she described earlier in the interview as a "listener" — which she said "drives people crazy."
"The more I jibber-jabbered on, the quieter he would get," Bullock said. "And I thought, 'I don't understand what's happening! He's looking at me with eyes of confusion. He's quiet. Did I say something to offend him?' And then a day or two later, he would arrive with a note or a little package, saying, 'I thought about what you said.'"
In 2018, Bullock said she had a crush on Reeves while they were filming "Speed" but thought it wasn't mutual. Later that year, Reeves confirmed it was: "She obviously didn't know I had a crush on her, either."
Reeves, often praised for coming off as particularly kind, is no stranger to giving out sentimental gifts. He recently gave everyone in his four-man stunt team personalized Rolex Submariner watches after wrapping filming of his latest film, "John Wick: Chapter 4."
For more examples of Reeves' random acts of kindness, read Insider's round-up of the 13 times he was "the greatest person ever."
- Most Indian get at least five spam calls per day and this is how they are handling them
- Ethos IPO: Understanding its business, profit, outlook, analysts view in 10 points
- Here are the top cryptos losers that have reported the highest decline in the last 7 days
- Google's YouTube Music for Wear OS to now let users stream content over Wi-Fi and LTE
- Airtel bumped its profits by $2 billion in FY2022 — understand its earnings in ten simple points
- Delhivery IPO
- Reliance Retail
- Indian Rupee
- Reliance JIO
- Best Deal on Smartphones
- Sony SRS Ns7 speaker review
- Hubble Space
- 5G Phones Under Rs. 20000
- Disney+hotstar Subscribers
- Reliance Industries
- Venus Pipes Tubes IPO
- Matheesha Pathirana
- Adani Green
- Paradeep Phosphates balance sheet
- Hiring in ONGC
- Whatsapp Reaction