Simon Cowell advised fans to 'read the manual' for new e-bikes after falling off his and breaking his back
- Simon Cowell told fans to "read the manual" before riding an e-bike in a tweet Sunday after he fell off his on Saturday, breaking his back.
- The "America's Got Talent" judge thanked well-wishers and the healthcare staff who assisted in his hospital treatment following the incident.
- According to People's source, Cowell underwent a five-hour surgery on his back, which was broken in multiple places.
- Cowell's fellow "AGT" judge Sofia Vergara responded to the news with an Instagram post of her and the rest of the team — Heidi Klum and Howie Mandel — gesturing at an empty seat with the caption: "We miss our boss!! Come back fast @simoncowell!!"
Simon Cowell thanked fans Sunday for their kind messages and offered some humorous advice after an e-bike accident left him with a broken back.
Cowell had been taken to hospital on Saturday after falling off his new electric bike while testing it out in the courtyard of his Malibu home, a rep told People magazine.
On Sunday, Cowell tweeted: "Some good advice ... If you buy an electric trail bike, read the manual before you ride it for the first time. I have broken part of my back. Thank you to everyone for your kind messages."
In a follow-up tweet, Cowell added: "And a massive thank you to all the nurses and doctors. Some of the nicest people I have ever met. Stay safe everyone. Simon."
—Simon Cowell (@SimonCowell) August 10, 2020
According to People's source, Cowell underwent a five-hour surgery on his back, which was broken in multiple places: "He has had to have a number of fusions and metal rod put into his back," the source said.
Cowell will skip the first two live "America's Got Talent" shows this coming week because of his injuries, Deadline reported, on Tuesday, August 11 and Wednesday, August 12.
Insider has reached out to NBC for comment on whether Cowell's injury will affect his role as a judge on "AGT."
Responding to the news, Cowell's fellow "AGT" judge Sofia Vergara shared an Instagram post of her and the rest of the team — Heidi Klum and Howie Mandel — gesturing at an empty seat with the caption: "We miss our boss!! Come back fast @simoncowell!!"
Using the same photo in an Instagram post of her own, Klum wrote: "Wishing you a speedy recovery @simoncowell."
"America's Got Talent" airs 8 p.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays on NBC.
- Here is a list of bank holidays in October 2022
- An Apple executive is leaving the company after being filmed joking about fondling 'big-breasted women' in a viral TikTok video
- RBI hikes repo rate by 50 bps, taking it to a three-year high of 5.9% – Das says inflation at ‘alarmingly high levels’ across jurisdictions
- Best camera phone under ₹15000
- Best 5G mobile phones under ₹20000
- 22 lakh Indian IT professionals likely to leave jobs by 2025: Report
- OnePlus says successfully geared up for 5G launch with 5G-ready smartphone portfolio
- This website generates videos from a single image and text for free – here’s all you need to know
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World