Simone Biles' boyfriend, Jonathan Owens, promises her he'll 'ride with you through whatever baby' in message of support
- Jonathan Owens showed support for his girlfriend, Simone Biles, in an Instagram post on Thursday.
- It came after she withdrew from two gymnastics events to focus on her mental health.
- "Your strength and courage is unmatched and you inspire me more and more everyday SB," he wrote.
After a tough Olympics for Simone Biles, encouragement has been pouring in from around the world, and on Thursday, her boyfriend of 16 months, the NFL star Jonathan Owens, also shared words of support.
In an Instagram post, the Houston Texans safety spoke out for the first time since Biles withdrew from the team and individual all-around events this week over mental-health concerns.
"Imma ride with you through whatever baby," he wrote.
"Your strength and courage is unmatched and you inspire me more and more everyday SB," Owens said. "You always gone be my champ baby and don't you ever forget that, i love you so much and i can't wait till you come home and i get to see that beautiful smile again. You know I'm always here for you baby."
Biles commented, "I love you so much," with a heart and the fingers-crossed emoji on Owens' post.
Earlier in the week, when Biles posted about being proud of her teammates for winning silver in the all-around team event, Owens commented, "I'm so proud of y'all."
Biles and Owens, who met via Instagram in March 2020, have bonded over the pressures they face as professional athletes.
"We talk all the time about that, just the pressure she goes through," Owens told Texas Monthly in June. "I try to be her motivating factor whenever I sense that she's kind of maybe getting down on herself. If practice was a little rough, or your body may not be feeling great right now."
It remains to be seen if Biles will compete in any of the individual events, but either way, Owens will be cheering her on from Texas.
- Airlines can now operate 85% of pre-Covid domestic flights, says Aviation Ministry
- Yes Bank-DHFL case: No sympathy, says court, Rana Kapoor's wife, daughters remanded to judicial custody
- Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh resigns amid ongoing turmoil in Congress
- Future of Work 2021: Work from home is here now, but people demand some physical sense at work
- Deadline for PAN-Aadhaar linkage extended till March 2022