Taylor Swift's ‘Eras Tour’ concert film set to premier in India
- The film’s ticket preorders in the US have beaten a record set by Marvel.
- The movie is touted to hit $100 million in the first weekend in the US.
Eras Tourhas been heralded to have lifted the US economy with its 53 shows.
It's time for
For the uninitiated, this film essentially gives Swift’s fans a chance to relive the best parts of her highly successful The Eras Tour. Such has been the success of this tour in the United States that it has been heralded as having lifted the US economy this summer. Sample this, after five months and 53 shows, data from the research company QuestionPro as reported by Fortune, estimates that the tour could generate $4.6 billion in US consumer spending.
Swift is an astute business person and she proved it again as her Eras Tour movie was approved for an interim agreement during the SAG-AFTRA strike in Hollywood. How did she pull it off? — By simply agreeing to actors' demands, something which the major studios are still to do.
The movie is already being touted as a hit and is reportedly on track to make up to $100 million in its first weekend.
Another interesting facet of the movie is that contrary to Hollywood norms, a theater chain is releasing a movie on its own. AMC Theatres, had first announced the movie in early September. This time, AMC is also the concert film's distributor.
Such is the hype around the concert film that it sold $26 million in tickets in a single day. This AMC says is the highest ever for single-day ticket preorders beating none other than Marvel’s "Spider-Man: No Way Home" by nearly $10 million
Popular on BI
- The 10-year Treasury yield will drop to 3.5% by the end of next year as the massive bond rally will continue, UBS says
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- Exit polls predict BJP advantage in MP, Rajasthan, Congress win in Chhattisgarh, Telangana and tight contest in Mizoram
- International air travel penetration remains low in India: CAPA
- "Meeting friends is always a delight": PM Modi reacts to 'Melodi' selfie shared by Italian counterpart Georgia Meloni
- WhatsApp testing new feature that lets you search users by their username
- Delhi airport: Flights diverted due to bad smog, bad weather
- Meta expanding child safety measures as scrutiny mounts