The best trench coats for women
- The trench coat is a true classic fashion staple that looks good on everyone. It's the perfect coat for rainy or slightly chilly days.
- With the look of Burberry at an under-$200 price point, the London Fog Trench Coat is our top pick of 2019. This is the Holy Grail: a classic silhouette from a legacy brand, at an affordable cost.
Trench coats. They are as classic as vanilla ice cream and "The Catcher in the Rye." Just as you should always have those two things in your refrigerator and on your bookshelf, respectively, you should always have a trench hanging in your closet. Preferably of the khaki variety, because then it will go with every outfit, from evening dresses to work slacks.
You don't have to spend a fortune on a trench coat, either. Most of the picks in our guide run below $200 and look as good as the high-end versions. A beautiful trench can be an affordable luxury that makes you feel put together (and about 25% more British) when you slip it on.
This is the beauty of a great jacket: Even if you've got a sweatshirt and jeans on underneath, the right topper can elevate you to model-off-duty status. The trench coats featured here for your shopping pleasure are outfit-makers.
Here are the best trench coats you can buy:
- Best overall: London Fog Trench Coat
- Best oversized: Everlane Drape Trench Coat
- Best for rain: The North Face City Breeze Raincoat
- Best plus-size: Eloquii Puff Sleeve Trench Coat
- Best fitted: M.M.LaFleur Osborn Trench
Updated on 10/23/2019 by Remi Rosmarin: Updated prices, links, and formatting.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.