The Weeknd paid homage to Kanye West at Coachella after he replaced the rapper on the lineup
- The Weeknd took the stage at Coachella music festival on Sunday.
- Two weeks ago, he was announced as the festival's third headliner because Kanye West dropped out.
The Weeknd took the stage at Coachella on Sunday — just 12 days after he was announced as the iconic festival's third headliner.
The "Blinding Lights" singer signed on to replace Ye, formerly known as Kanye West, who unceremoniously dropped out of the event.
During The Weeknd's futuristic set, which he shared with the newly reunited trio Swedish House Mafia, he performed his verse from Ye's "Hurricane" as an apparent nod to his absent collaborator.
—Complex Music (@ComplexMusic) April 18, 2022
Although Ye has not clarified why he withdrew from the lineup, he threatened to drop out in February unless fellow headliner Billie Eilish apologized to Travis Scott for a comment that Ye perceived as a diss.
Eilish declined to do so because she "literally never said a thing about Travis" and "was just helping a fan," in her words.
Follow along with Insider's Coachella coverage here.
- More than $100,000 raised for loyal Burger King employee of 27 years in GoFundMe campaign after video shows him getting 'goody' bag as reward
- 'Get your boy Elon in line:' Former NASA official says she was ridiculed for supporting SpaceX in new memoir
- India is betting on casinos, online games and horse races to fill its coffers
- Best voltage stabilizers for home in India
- Asus teases the ROG Phone 6 gaming phone — confirmed to feature IPX4 splash-resistance
- Supercomputers are faster and more powerful — but need to be more energy-efficient
- Best hair removal cream for women in India
- Sensex, Nifty maintain 3-day streak, rally by nearly 1%