There is a post-credits scene in the new 'Sonic the Hedgehog' movie that people are going to freak out about
- A new movie starring one of gaming's most iconic characters debuts on Valentine's Day.
- "Sonic the Hedgehog" is the first-ever movie to star the speedy blue hedgehog, and it's a light, silly adventure that's clearly aimed at kids.
- Though the film is for kids, it's chock full of references to the classic video game series it's based on, and that means fans of all ages will enjoy it.
- Moreover: There's a post-credits scene that you can't miss if you're a fan of the series.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
The new "Sonic the Hedgehog" movie is a light, goofy adventure that's great for kids.But Sonic isn't a new character. He's a classic video game character that went head-to-head with Nintendo's own Super Mario as one of the faces of the so-called "console wars," which pit Nintendo's Super Nintendo against Sega's Genesis in the '90s.Advertisement
As such, Sonic has his own rich history to draw from. That rich history is referenced heavily through the new "Sonic the Hedgehog" film - and a post-credits scene that's worth watching.
Let's dive in:
The opening splash from Paramount? Instead of stars, there are golden rings.
And, of course, his main nemesis — played by Jim Carrey — looks an awful lot like the egg-shaped villain of the same name from the video games.Advertisement
Spoilers ahead! This is your last warning!
Yes, of course, we're talking about Miles "Tails" Prower — most often known as just Tails, the twin-tailed fox:Advertisement
- 2 more test COVID-19 positive in UP's Shamli district
- With 242 cases in a day, Bihar's COVID tally soars to 3,806
- 123 more test positive for COVID-19 in Assam; total count 1,339
- 48 COVID-19 cases reported in a day in Gautam Buddh Nagar; total 453
- Top bureaucrats under quarantine after senior IAS officer tests COVID-19 positive in J-K