These are the 12 games you can play when Google's video game streaming platform launches next week
"Red Dead Redemption 2"/Rockstar Games
- Stadia, Google's new streaming video game platform, will launch with 12 games for purchase on November 19.
- Stadia will use cloud computing technology to stream video games directly to players, removing the need for an expensive video game console or PC.
- Players will be able to access Stadia on their computer, with Google's Chromecast, and with Pixel phones. Support for other smartphones and devices will arrive in the coming months.
- While Google has announced more than 40 games coming to Stadia in its first few months, the list of games available for launch day is much shorter.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Google has confirmed which games players will be able to access with Stadia, its new video game streaming platform launching on November 19. A total of 12 games will be available for purchase on Stadia the day it launches, but Google has already confirmed more than 40 titles coming to Stadia in its first few months.Rather than offering new hardware like the Xbox or PlayStation, Google's Stadia will stream games directly to players from PCs in Google's cloud data centers. That means Stadia will make high-quality video games available on any device with the Google Chrome browser, including computers, smartphones, and Google's Chromecast. However, the service will require a strong, stable internet connection to work properly.Advertisement
Gamers who preordered Stadia Premiere Edition for $129 will get access to the service on November 19- the package includes the Stadia controller, a Chromecast Ultra, a copy of Destiny 2, three months of Stadia Pro, and a buddy pass for a friend. Stadia Basic will be available for free in February 2020.
Players will still need to buy their own games on Stadia; the subscription doesn't work like Netflix or Spotify. The $10 per month subscription gives Stadia Pro members one free game added to their collection each month, and they'll be able to stream in 4K resolution. Stadia Basic will be available for free in February 2020 and only goes up to 1080p.Here are the 12 games that players will find on Stadia when it launches on November 19:
"Red Dead Redemption 2"
"Assassin's Creed Odyssey" (Ubisoft)Advertisement
"Destiny 2: The Collection" (Bungie)
"Just Dance 2020" (Ubisoft)Advertisement
"Kine" (Chump Squad)
"Mortal Kombat 11" (Warner Bros. Studios)Advertisement
"Samurai Shodown" (SNK Playmore)Advertisement
"Gylt" (Tequila Works)
'Tomb Raider" (Ubisoft)Advertisement
"Rise of the Tomb Raider" (Ubisoft)
"Shadow of the Tomb Raider" (Ubisoft)Advertisement
- 4,000 people to attend I-Day celebrations at Red Fort — to maintain 'Do Gaz ki Doori'
- Best PlayStation 4 games
- Profitable stocks in last one month—Lemon Tree, CG Power, Balaji Amines Limited, SBI Card
- HDFC Bank launches Shaurya KGC Card — a farm loan product for armed forces
- EXCLUSIVE: OYO’s new employee initiatives — weekend curfew with no calls or Slack messages, a surprise holiday, and discounted Curefit membership