Timothee Chalamet is going to play a young Willy Wonka in a new origin story movie: report
- Warner Bros. is making a movie about a young Willy Wonka's adventures before he became a chocolate maker.
- Yes, Willy Wonka is getting an origin story.
Timothee Chalametis set to star as Wonka in the new movie, according to Deadline.
Timothée Chalamet will play Willy Wonka in a new origin story about the famed fictional chocolate maker, according to Deadline.
The upcoming film, from Warner Bros and the Roald Dahl Story Company, will focus on Wonka's life before he opened the chocolate factory.
While exact details of the plot remain unknown, insiders told Deadline that Chalamet will have a chance to dance and sing in the film's musical numbers as well.
The screenplay for the film was written by Paul King and Simon Farnaby, Deadline reported.
Gene Wilder and Johnny Depp previously took on the role of Wonka in films released in 1971 and 2005, respectively.
- WATCH: "Someone said I am good enough to be a rickshaw puller," shares Freshworks CEO Girish Mathrubootham in a candid chat
- Watch a raven take out a Google drone mid-air as the tech giant is forced to ground its home delivery service due to bird attacks
- Those who have held these stocks for a decade have only lost money
- MyGlamm has set aside $100 million to acquire 6 beauty and personal care brands under new entity
- After Moderna chief, Pfizer CEO says COVID-19 likely to end in a year
- Like many 23-year-olds, Google is facing ‘trust’ issues
- COVID-19: Mizoram's positivity rate at 32% after 1,659 new cases registered in the state
- IPL 2021: Mumbai Indians slips down to seventh spot after losing a match to RCB