Tom Ford said he 'laughed out loud' watching 'House of Gucci' and compared it to surviving a hurricane
Tom Fordwrote a Saturday essay for Air Mail after watching " House of Gucci" for the first time.
- Ford was creative director of Gucci from 1994 to 2004.
View all Offers
- 11% OFF
Duroflex Back Magic - Doctor Recommended Orthopaedic High Density Coir, 5 Inch Queen Size Firm Mattress for Back Support and Posture Alignment (78 X 60 X 5 Inches)₹ 15719₹ 20809Buy On
- 33% OFF
Duroflex LiveIn - Pressure Relieving, Memory Foam, Roll Pack, 6 Inch Queen Size Medium Firm Mattress with Superior Comfort and Anti Microbial Fabric (75 X 60 X 6 Inches)₹ 10859₹ 17999Buy On
- 61% OFF
Coirfit Jute Fabric Washable Cover 3 Seater Folding Sofa Cum Bed (Grey, 5' X 6' Feet)₹ 8769₹ 17271Buy On
- 21% OFF
Metallika London King Size Metal Bed (Glossy Finish, Black) By FurnitureKraft₹ 8499₹ 10959Buy On
Amazon Brand - Solimo Cartina Fabric 5 seater L shape sofa Set (Grey)₹ 26999₹ 30000Buy On
Fashion designer and filmmaker Tom Ford recently viewed Ridley Scott's new movie, "House of Gucci," and voiced some conflicting thoughts.
On Saturday Air Mail released an essay penned by Ford where he shared his feelings after viewing the movie for the first time.
The film focuses on Patrizia Reggiani and Maurizio Gucci, played by
"The film is … well, I'm still not quite sure what it is exactly, but somehow I felt as though I had lived through a hurricane when I left the theater," Ford began in the essay. "Was it a farce or a gripping tale of greed? I often laughed out loud, but was I supposed to?"
Ford was the creative director of Gucci from 1994 to 2004. He admitted that his opinions may be biased as he knew Maurizio Gucci, the former head of the fashion brand, and vividly remembered his murder on March 27, 1995.
Ford, who is portrayed in the film by Reeve Carney, mentioned that one scene depicting a toast between him and Maurizio Gucci after Ford becomes creative director never happened.
Ford praised Driver for his "subtle and nuanced performance," but remarked that some of his co-stars were battling "to see who can chew up the most scenery."
"At times, when Al Pacino, as Aldo Gucci, and Jared Leto, as Aldo's son Paolo Gucci, were on-screen, I was not completely sure that I wasn't watching a 'Saturday Night Live' version of the tale," he continued in his essay.
Ford praised Lady Gaga as "the true star of the film," and claimed that "she steals the show."
Overall, Ford expressed he "was deeply sad for several days" after watching "House of Gucci," explaining that it was difficult for him to enjoy the film's "humor and camp" as someone who lived the events in real life.
Yet, the fashion designer noted that the film will be a hit regardless, "with Gaga's and Driver's strong performances, powerful over-the-top portrayals by the entire cast, impeccable costumes, stunning sets, and beautiful cinematography."
Ford concluded, "Splash the Gucci name across things and they usually sell."
In a statement to Insider, representatives for Ford said "we have no further comment."
- Amazon Great Republic Day Sale — Best deals and offers on Apple iPhones, iPads, and more
- ‘Extreme fear’ is ruling the crypto markets — is this an opportunity or a warning sign for investors?
- El Salvador's president hits back on Twitter after rating agency Moody's issues warning over its bitcoin buying
- Best deals on hair straighteners, trimmers and other grooming products on Amazon
- Amazon Republic Day Sale 2022 — Best deals and offers on Echo smart speakers, Fire TV Sticks and more
- Two IndiGo planes avert mid-air collision over Bengaluru airport, DGCA to take strict action
- India's tennis star Sania Mirza announces retirement from the sport by the end of 2022 season
- EaseMyTrip launches a new campaign featuring Vijay Raaz and Varun Sharma to promote its full-refund medical policy
- Mythology audiobooks
- Electric car Championship
- India's win in Centurion
- Millionaires Employees
- Car with Waiting Period
- Tax Saving Investment
- Urban Company
- New Year 2022
- Upcoming new laptops
- Bank Holidays in January
- Valuable NFT Projects
- Xiaomi 11i hypercharge
- GST Input tax credit
- Public Holidays in 2022
- RBL Stocks
- Upcoming Smartphones in 2022