Tom Hanks says the Queen's favorite cocktail is a martini
Tom Hankssaid that Queen Elizabeth II told him her "cocktail of choice" is a martini.
- Hanks recalled during Monday's episode of BBC's "The One Show" when he dined with the monarch in 2011.
Tom Hanks said that Queen Elizabeth II's "cocktail of choice" is a martini as the British monarch gets set to celebrate her Platinum Jubilee.
In May 2011, Hanks dined with the British royal alongside
During Hanks's appearance on the BBC's talk show "The One Show" on Monday to promote his new film "Elvis," the actor was asked about the experience.
"I sat right next to the Queen," Hanks recalled. "The chit-chat with
Hanks then said he saw a servant put a glass of clear liquid next to the queen which did not look like water.
"Then out of the corner of my eye, I saw this white-gloved hand just put between me and her royal majesty this glass of water," Hanks said. "But it wasn't in a water glass. It was a clear liquid and so I dared to ask the Queen, 'What is Her Majesty's cocktail of choice?' and she said, 'Ooh, martini.'"
Hanks continued: "She had the one. That's what she nursed throughout the course of the night and I think well, she's had a wonderful reign so maybe if I want to polish up my game a little bit, I will start drinking martini every now and again."
The UK is about to start celebrations for the Queen's Platinum Jubilee, marking 70 years on the throne.
In 2016, around the Queen's 90th birthday, Hanks was also asked about the state banquet on CBS' "This Morning." He told host Gayle King that they also talked about David Beckham during the dinner because the former footballer was sitting in front of him.
Hanks said: "I did say to Her Majesty that David Beckham is a quite handsome man and she said, 'Oh yes, oh yes, oh yes.'"
"Elvis," which stars Hanks and Austin Butler, premieres in theaters on June 24.
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- Elon Musk hits out at viral videos of DINK couples, saying there's an 'awful morality' to those who choose not to have children
- Married couples often share high blood pressure, study shows
- 8 Irresistible seasonal snacks to warm your winter days
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma says 'Wed in India' is a good idea for its food options
- NCLAT stays CCI penalty on NTPC in Ratnagiri Gas & Power shares issue
- A Japanese Start-Up Is Testing a Rocket Powered Entirely By Rocket Fuel Created From Cow Dung!
- Amazon sues scammers for stealing millions of dollars via fake returns