Tom Holland says he accidentally broke his computer when he found out he landed his Spider-Man role
- In an interview for Variety,
Tom Hollandrecalled the moment he found out he got his Spider-Man role.
- Holland was so thrilled that he broke his computer, "because I flipped it up in the air."
Tom Holland says he was so overcome with emotion when he found out he landed his Spider-Man role that he accidentally broke his computer.
"I got my computer, and my dog was sitting next to me," Holland said of the life-changing moment during a conversation with Daniel Kaluuya for Variety's "Actors on Actors" series.The 24-year-old actor said that he vividly recalled reading the article about the casting news (which he still has saved) that said, "We would like to introduce our new Spider-Man, Tom Holland."
The actor said that the news came out around the time when Sony, the studio that co-produces the Spider-Man films with
The actor has shared the story of how he got cast during past interviews as well. During an appearance on the "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" in May 2017, Holland said he found out that he got the role through Instagram prior to reading the aforementioned article that revealed the news.Holland went on to make his debut as Spider-Man/Peter Parker in "Captain America: Civil War." The following year, he starred in a standalone superhero film titled "Spider-Man: Homecoming." He also appeared in two "Avengers" films and a 2019 "Spider-Man" sequel. Holland is set to reprise his role for a third "Spider-Man" movie, which he's currently filming.
- TTD approves Rs 2,938-crore budget for 2021-22
- Wholesale growth expected to continue for tractors, passenger vehicles and two-wheelers, says equity research firm Emkay
- Centre finalises One District One Focus Product to promote in cluster approach
- A Mumbai-based EV startup launched the cheapest electric car with a 200 km range
- HP's worldwide shipments grow 5.6% in fourth quarter of 2020, says IDC