Tom Holland says he would 'spiral' reading about himself online: 'It's very detrimental to my mental state'
- Holland announced in an Instagram video that he's quitting social media.
- The star said he's deleted Twitter and Instagram from his phone.
Tom Holland is stepping back from using social media for the sake of his mental health.
The "Spider-Man: Now Way Home" star shared a three-minute video with his 67.7 million Instagram followers on Sunday stating that he's deleted apps off his phone because "I find Instagram and Twitter to be overstimulating, to be overwhelming," he said.
"I get caught up and I spiral when I read things about me online and ultimately it's very detrimental to my mental state," he continued. "So I decided to take a step back and delete the app."
"There is an awful stigma against mental health and I know that asking for help and seeking help isn't something that we should be ashamed of, but it is something that is much easier said than done," he said.
In the story, the "Stranger Things" star revealed that she no longer has any social media apps on her phone and that someone else close to her manages her Instagram and Facebook pages.
Brown also told Allure that she has gone to therapy to "handle the constant bullying she has faced online."
"It's really hard to be hated on when you don't know who you are yet," Brown said. "So it's like, 'What do they hate about me? 'Cause I don't know who I am.'"
- I've had the new iPhone 14 for 2 weeks. I should've listened to Steve Jobs' daughter because I now regret buying it.
- China tells state banks to prepare for a massive dollar dump and yuan buying spree as Beijing's prior interventions have failed to stem its currency's worst year since 1994
- Airtel 5G launched in eight cities, entire country to be covered by 2024
- IISC joins hands with AIIMS Rishikesh to develop algorithm that can read brain scans to detect epilepsy
- Overlapping symptoms of dengue, Covid-19 confusing in many cases, say doctors
- Sterlite Technologies launches optical solution for 5G rollout
- NASA pushes back Artemis I Moon mission launch to November
- Auto sales jump in September: Maruti reports over a 100% jump in volumes
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World