Tom Holland says he's 'taking a year off' from acting but there's 'definitely a possibility' he'll be back for a 4th 'Spider-Man' movie
- Tom Holland says he's taking a year off after filming the new Apple+ series "The Crowded Room."
- Holland told Extra! that filming the series "really did break me."
Tom Holland said that making his new show "The Crowded Room" was so "difficult" that he's decided to take a year off from acting to recharge and recover.
Holland made the comments during an interview with "Extra!" to promote the new Apple+ TV mystery inspired by a true story.
The "Spider-Man" star plays Danny Sullivan, a troubled young man who's arrested in connection with a grisly shooting. He works with Rya Goodman (Amanda Seyfried) to uncover what really happened.
"I just really, really was terrified by the idea of playing this character, and, for me, that's a really good thing," Holland said.
Holland played the lead role and, for the first time, was a producer on the project.
"It was a tough time, for sure. We were exploring certain emotions that I had definitely never experienced before. And then on top of that, being a producer dealing with the day-to-day kind of problems that come with any film set just added that extra level of pressure," he said.
"I really enjoyed it, I loved the learning curve of becoming a producer. I'm no stranger to hard work," he said. "But then again, the show really did break me. And I'm now taking a year off, and that is a result of how difficult this show was."
Holland's exhaustion from "The Crowded Room," along with the ongoing writer's strike, has pushed a possible next "Spider-Man" movie — Holland's fourth — further down the road.
"Are we going to make another movie? Of course, we are," producer Amy Pascal told Variety in May. "We're in the process, but the writers strike, nobody is working during the strike. We're all being supporters and whenever they get themselves together, we'll get started."
Holland seconded Pascal's sentiments: "I don't think it'll be soon, but there is definitely a possibility."
- Diamantaire Nirav Modi's solar power plant up for auction to salvage PNB dues
- India-Canada diplomatic row will not impact military ties: Canadian Army Vice Chief
- India permits 75,000 tonne non-basmati white rice exports to UAE
- WeWork India rejigs senior leadership to boost market presence
- Waheeda Rehman to cap glittering career with Dadasaheb Phalke Award