Wanda almost killed 2 more major characters in 'Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness'
- Warning: There are spoilers ahead for "Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness."
- Director Sam Raimi and writer Michael Waldron shared alternate character deaths in the film's commentary.
Wanda killed a lot of characters in "Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness."
In the film's commentary, director Sam Raimi and screenwriter Michael Waldron shared that her killing spree could've been even deadlier by killing off Baron Mordo (Chiwetel Ejiofor) near the film's start and the Wasp (Evangeline Lilly) around the one-hour mark.
"Michael had written an early scene with Chiwetel where we saw him in our universe, 616, where he was the Mordo that we knew from '
"He had a limp, and he was coming after the Scarlet Witch to take her power because he knew she was dark and terribly corrupted by the Darkhold," he continued.
Raimi said he was no match for the Scarlet Witch, adding, "She killed him and cut off his head. Presented it to Strange in a later scene."
"It was really great writing, but it slowed the beginning down too much and we had to lose it," Raimi said of why it didn't appear in the final film.
Additionally, later on the film's commentary, Waldron shared that Wanda almost killed off Lilly's Wasp character, from the "Ant-Man" films, in the deadly Illuminati sequence.
"I think originally, the Wasp was a version, was in the Illuminati and the Wasp shrunk down and flew at Wanda," Waldron said. "And she just clapped her hands and smushed the Wasp in the first draft."
Though they weren't killed in the film, Wanda does make mincemeat out of Mr. Fantastic, an alternate Captain Marvel, Captain Carter, and Professor X in "Multiverse of Madness."
- Best 5G smartphones under ₹30,000 in India
- Towards sustainable labour practices: Four new codes attempt to prioritise employee welfare, health, and safety in India
- Single-use plastic ban drives up interest in wood, bamboo alternatives
- RBI’s ‘Save the Rupee’ bill has hit over $40 billion already and it could add another $40 billion this year
- TDS on cryptos, IT disclosures, credit card rules, PAN Aadhaar linking – all that’s changed in July