Catch all these vintage TV shows like Aahat and Shaktiman on Amazon Prime, SONYLiv and more
- Doordarshan is bringing back two of its superhit shows from the eighties - Ramayan and Mahabharat.
- This week we list down the top 90s TV shows available on
SonyLiv, Zee5, Hotstar and other OTT platforms.
- Visit Business Insider for more stories.
Here are a few shows streaming on SonyLiv and other OTT platforms, this week.
Aahat on SonyLiv
Stars: Vijay Raj, Sachin Khurana,
Description: Aahat was the iconic horror show for the 90s kids in India. The shows which were not always about ghosts did bring in a twist of supernatural activity. Be it a mysterious mirror or shoes that tell a story, Aahat was the first tryst with horror for many millennials.
Shaktiman on Amazon Prime Videos
Description: Shaktiman was an Indian superhero who can do anything with his costume on but in real life is a failing photographer. He is every kid’s favourite and fights crime across the city.
Creator: B.P. Singh
CID has perhaps one of the longest running detective crime shows in India. Each episode of the series would have a crime followed by an investigation by a team led by
Twin Peaks on Hotstar
Creators: Mark Frost, David Lynch
Stars: Kyle MacLachlan, Michael Ontkean, Mädchen Amick
Description: In this American thriller drama, an intelligence officer investigates the murder of a high school girl, Laura Palmer, in the town of Twin Peaks. Though the show ran only for one season, it acquired a cult following later on.
AdvertisementHip Hip Hurray Zee 5
Stars: Bhoomika Chawla, Pamela Mukherjee, Rushad Rana
Description: Hip Hip Hurray, one of the first Indian millennial shows, was based on the lives of three students of grade 12th. The series was a romantic drama that showed the adventures and problems of young kids rights from their relationships to drugs.
See also: Boris Johnson is self-isolating after testing positive for the coronavirus
Popular on BI
- I just got laid off from my dream job at Tesla without warning. I feel like my life got uprooted so a billionaire could save some money.
- Four-days work week, full and final settlement within 2 days of exit — new changes at workplaces to reflect from July 1
- Mark Zuckerberg told Meta staff he's upping performance goals to get rid of employees who 'shouldn't be here,' report says
- It’s not the CM seat but the one who wields ‘bow and arrow’ will be the Sena head
- SIMPLY PUT: extreme weather is the new normal in India
- Antonia Wade, PwC's global CMO, tells Insider how B2B spending changes in tough economic times
- Ban on single-use plastic kicks in across India as the country recognises the choking impacts of plastic waste on the environment
- Bank FDs will draw down from mutual funds if interest rates go up to 7.5-8%, says report