Chhota Bheem will be a part of Doordarshan along with Mahabharata’s real Bheem
- Indian state-owned broadcaster DD National is all set to broadcast Chhota Bheem starting today.
- The popular animation series will air every afternoon between 2 pm to 2:30 PM on DD National from April 17 to May 3, 2020.
- Indian entertainment channel
POGOwhich is the creator of the show, partnered with Doordarshan.
POGO, an Indian homegrown kids’ entertainment channel and creator of the show, partnered with public service broadcaster Doordarshan to simulcast Chhota Bheem.
“These are challenging times and we believe that POGO’s fun-filled, relatable content will keep kids engaged and entertained. We are very pleased to collaborate with a platform as distinguished and popular as Doordarshan,” said Siddharth Jain, Managing Director of WarnerMedia Entertainment Networks - South Asia.
AdvertisementThe popular animation features will air every afternoon between 2 pm to 2:30 PM on DD National starting today (April 17). “The agreement ensures that an even larger number of young viewers across the country will be able to enjoy ‘Chhota Bheem’, one of our most prominent shows,” said Jain.
Bringing back the classics
After India shut itself down to contain the COVID-19 outbreak, Doordarshan brought back all its classics from the eighties to entertain people. Its mythological show Ramayan gained 174 million viewers within four days of re-telecast. Whereas, it received more than 500 million views between 28 March and 4 April.
After successfully engaging millennials with its mythological shows, DD is setting sights of even younger audiences with animated shows.
“Chhota Bheem is one of children’s most favourite cartoon character, and we are delighted to bring him on our channel to entertain our young viewers,” Shashi Shekhar Vempati, CEO Prasar Bharati said.
See also: Lockdown Watchlist: Want to binge-watch a show that lasts a week? Try these long-running shows on Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+ Hotstar and others
Popular on BI
- No crypto ban in India — SEBI will reportedly be pulled in to regulate the sector
- I tried a calendar that's meant to boost productivity by mapping out the number of weeks you have left to live — here's how it went
- I wore the same outfit for a week, as part of a productivity hack promoted by Steve Jobs — but it didn't really work. After speaking to psychologists, I'm not surprised.
- Best 3 pin laptop power cable adapter in India
- Side-eye emoji to using the vaccinated status as a flex — here’s how India’s Gen Z dated online on Tinder this year
- MapMyIndia’s ₹1000 crore IPO will open this week at a price band of ₹1,000-₹1,033
- iPhone SE 3 to M2 MacBooks, here’s what Apple is predicted to launch in 2022
- Sensex drops over 300 points in early trade; Nifty tests 17,100 — IndusInd Bank, Maruti, Bajaj Finance, Bajaj Finserv, Infosys and NTPC top losers