Terrence Howard thinks Marvel could have a 'huge franchise' if he returned as War Machine, but says 'f--- 'em'
- During an interview on "Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen," Terrence Howard said that Marvel "could have a huge franchise" if he returned to play James Rhodes/War Machine in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- But he's not interested: "F--- 'em," he said.
- Howard played Rhodes in "Iron Man," but was replaced by Don Cheadle in "Iron Man 2," who has been in the role since then.
Actor Terrence Howard has zero interest in ever returning to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
In an interview with Andy Cohen on "Watch What Happens Live" on Thursday, Howard said that fans still ask whether he would return to his role as James Rhodes, a.k.a. War Machine, in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. He sounded confident in the commercial possibilities of it, but he's done with Marvel.
"You know what's so funny?," Howard said. "Even though I love Don Cheadle so much and I love what he's done, I still hear a lot of fans asking, 'Am I going to come back and be War Machine? Am I going to come back and be War Machine?' I think they could have a huge franchise off of it, but f--- 'em."
Howard played Rhodes, the Air Force pilot who is Tony Stark's best friend, in 2008's "Iron Man." But he was replaced by Cheadle in 2010's "Iron Man 2" (Howard claimed that he was replaced due to a salary dispute). Cheadle has been in the role ever since, having appeared in "Iron Man 3," "Avengers: Age of Ultron," "Captain America: Civil War," and most recently "Avengers: Infinity War," where he survived the Thanos snap.
Considering the success of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, though, Marvel probably isn't longing for Howard's return - just this year, "Black Panther" and "Infinity War" made over $3 billion combined at the worldwide box office.
Watch the entire clip below:
NOW WATCH: Here's what DJs actually do
- Best weighing machine under ₹500
- Dharmaj Crop Guard IPO subscribed 1.79 times on day 1
- As Sensex, Nifty50 hit record highs, this is what experts are advising investors
- FM concludes week-long consultation meetings for Budget 2023-24
- WhatsApp data of 500 million users might be on sale says Mashable India
- Dharmaj Crop IPO
- Visa Platinum Prepaid Card
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- tata Consumer
- Germany Visa
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Small Cap Companies
- Bank Loan
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World