The lost 25-minute short film that originally debuted in front of 'Star Wars: Episode V' is finally available to watch
Directed by "Empire" art director Roger Christian, "Black Angel" is a stunning short film set in medieval times that follows a knight who battles a ghost-like warrior for the soul of a young girl.Shot on a budget of £25,000 in Scotland with a nine person crew, four actors, and two trained horses, "Black Angel" only played during the theatrical run of "Empire" overseas, including 400 theaters in the UK. But word quickly got to the States of the amazing work by Christian.Advertisement
Lucasfilm/"Empire Strikes Back"
"Black Angel" was considered lost forever when Christian believed the only negative in existence was destroyed when the UK's Rank Laboratories, where the film was stored, went out of business in 1995.As the Internet came along fans, of "Black Angel," and those just curious to see it, would not let the spirit of the film die as it gradually built a cult following, with stories written about it and forum discussions dedicated to it spreading over the years.Advertisement Orion Pictures/"Excalibur"
Christian began to get the word out.Advertisement
Now that the short is available, it's the perfect time for Christian to go forward with what he originally wanted to do - make the story into a feature length film.
- NCB busts int'l drug racket, arrests 8 traffickers
- Efficacy of COVID vaccine may land between 50-100%: ICMR
- China is reportedly expanding and upgrading a large number of military facilities along the border with India
- JioPostPaid Plus plans announced with unlimited calling, Netflix, Prime Video and Disney+ Hotstar subscription
- IPL shatters its previous viewership records on its opening match as 200 million people tune in to watch Dream11 IPL 2020