The lost 25-minute short film that originally debuted in front of 'Star Wars: Episode V' is finally available to watch
Directed by "Empire" art director Roger Christian, "Black Angel" is a stunning short film set in medieval times that follows a knight who battles a ghost-like warrior for the soul of a young girl.
Shot on a budget of £25,000 in Scotland with a nine person crew, four actors, and two trained horses, "Black Angel" only played during the theatrical run of "Empire" overseas, including 400 theaters in the UK. But word quickly got to the States of the amazing work by Christian.
Lucasfilm/"Empire Strikes Back"
"Black Angel" was considered lost forever when Christian believed the only negative in existence was destroyed when the UK's Rank Laboratories, where the film was stored, went out of business in 1995.
As the Internet came along fans, of "Black Angel," and those just curious to see it, would not let the spirit of the film die as it gradually built a cult following, with stories written about it and forum discussions dedicated to it spreading over the years.
Christian began to get the word out.
The film was shown at a few film festivals last year. Then last month it was uploaded onto YouTube.
Now that the short is available, it's the perfect time for Christian to go forward with what he originally wanted to do - make the story into a feature length film.
Watch "Black Angel" below.
- Elon Musk reportedly told workers at his brain-chip startup to imagine they had bombs strapped to their heads to make them work faster
- Cristiano Ronaldo is now causing trouble for Portugal at the World Cup after his dramatic Manchester United exit
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- Best sofa set under ₹15000
- Best washing machine under ₹15000
- Only half of Indian listed companies set net carbon emissions commitments: WTW
- Indian beauty brand RENÉE Cosmetics raises $25 million in Series B funding led by Evolvence India, Edelweiss Group
- Sensex, Nifty50 end lower as caution looms ahead of RBI’s rate hike decision
- Jio Haptik
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Most Valuable Companies
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Kama Holdings
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World