The Rock topped Forbes' list of the highest-paid actors in the world, which also includes 5 from the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson topped Forbes list of the highest-paid actors in the world this year with $89.4 million.
- "Avengers: Endgame" star Chris Hemsworth came in second with $76.4 million. He's one of five actors from the Marvel Cinematic Universe to make the list.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson topped Forbes' annual list of the highest-paid actors in the world this year.Johnson, who's currently on the big screen in the "Fast and Furious" spin-off "Hobbs and Shaw," earned $89.4 million between June 1, 2018 and June 1, 2019. Johnson moved up from second place last year while earning less.Advertisement
Johnson made $124 million from June 2017 to June 2018, the most someone had ever made primarily from acting in the history of Forbes' Celebrity 100 list. George Clooney topped the list of highest-paid actors last year with $239 million because of the sale of his tequila company, Casamigos, but did not make the top 10 this year.
This year's list also includes five actors from the Marvel Cinematic Universe: Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Robert Downey Jr (Iron Man), Bradley Cooper (Rocket's voice), Chris Evans (Captain America), and Paul Rudd (Ant-Man).Adam Sandler also cracked the top 10 thanks to his Netflix deal for multiple movies, one of which, "Murder Mystery," was released this year. Netflix said in July that 73 million households watched the movie.
Below are the top five highest-paid actors in the world, according to Forbes:
5. Jackie Chan — $58 million
4. Akshay Kumar — $65 millionAdvertisement
3. Robert Downey Jr — $66 million
2. Chris Hemsworth — $76.4 millionAdvertisement
1. Dwayne Johnson — $89.4 million
- Trump administration drops plan to deport foreign students taking online-only classes amid coronavirus pandemic
- WhatsApp suffers brief outage in India, up now
- Google Cloud to help firms adopt digital models: Thomas Kurian
- IIT-K develops UV device to disinfect room in 15 mins
- Wipro buys Brazilian IT services firm for $22.4 mn (Ld)