Ericsson has high hopes from Smart Cities, Digital India initiatives
"We are setting up a new unit 'Industry and Society' that will focus on
The government has clubbed all its digital programmes under Digital India with an estimated Rs 1.13 lakh crore projects initially. It has also approved a plan for building 100 smart cities in India with an outlay of Rs 48,000 crore.
"With the government becoming a significant buyer, there is a massive opportunity for the industry. This is something the telecom sector in India is seeing for the first time. We are seeing a lot of interest in utilities and public safety from different state governments," Batra said.
Ericsson has registered its highest-ever sales growth of 81 per cent in India during the three months to September, driven by higher investments in mobile broadband service.
"Ericsson is uniquely positioned to bring the right mix of technologies and delivery models to industries. Over 40 per cent of the world's mobile traffic passed through our network equipment. We have been doing this around the globe and we are leveraging the same in India," Ericsson Industry and Society Head Orvar Hurtig said.
(Image credits: Indiatimes)
Popular on BI
- Realme 10 Pro+ 5G Review: An all-round value smartphone
- Sensex snaps 4-session losing run led by PSU banks
- The future is connected: 80% of traditional TV viewers want to switch in a year says Finecast Kantar
- Electric-vehicle financing startup Vidyut raises $4 million in first round of funding
- RIL, Adani Enterprises are the biggest and most consistent wealth creators: Motilal Oswal
- Realme10 Pro Plus Mobile
- Gig jobs
- Sula Vineyards IPO
- Whatsapp tips
- International Roaming Plans
- RBI hikes repo rate
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Most Valuable Companies
- Most searched movies
- Adani Enterprises
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World