Ethiopian Airline flight to Nairobi crashes with 149 passengers on board
- An Ethiopian Airlines plane has reportedly crashed en route to Nairobi.
- There were 149 passengers and 8 crew members on board.
- The plane rashed near the ton of Bishoftu, near the capital Addis Ababa.
- The prime minister tweeted his condolences to the families of those affected.
An Ethiopian Airlines flight to Nairobi has crashed with 149 passengers and 8 crew members on board.Flight ET 302 crashed at 8.44 am on Sunday morning near the town of Bishoftu, 62 kilometers southeast of the capital Addis Ababa, the airline told Reuters.Advertisement
The plane was a Boeing 737-800 MAX.
The prime minister's office tweeted his condolences to the families of those lost in the crash."The Office of the PM, on behalf of the Government and people of Ethiopia, would like to express it's deepest condolences to the families of those that have lost their loved ones on Ethiopian Airlines Boeing 737 on regular scheduled flight to Nairobi, Kenya this morning," Abiy Ahmed's official account tweeted on Sunday."
No details on casualties have yet been reported.This is a developing story...
- Founder of S African Hindu political party succumbs to COVID-19
- US House Speaker tests positive for coronavirus
- Assam's COVID-19 tally rises to 11,736 with 735 fresh cases
- Kerala govt makes compulsory for public to follow COVID-19 norms till 2021
- Jharkhand reports 53 new cases of COVID-19, 1 more death