Etihad’s strategic partner Jet Airways has off loaded the maximum number of people last year
If reports are to be believed, Jet Airways is the United Airlines of India with most offloading instances in last few years. So if you are flying a Jet Airways in future, make sure to reach the airport well in advance and get your web check in done the night before to avoid all hassles.
While Jet Airways can never beat United Airlines in the magnitude of violence and audacity, going by the statistics, it has off loaded 11,901 passengers (out of 1.89 crore it flew in 2016) last year. Between Decembers last year to February this year, 7,266 out of 8,150 flyers offloaded were from Jet Airways.
Coming second in the competition is the state run
The data provided by the
The Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) doesn’t need to maintain any separate data on whether the passengers off loaded were forced to or not. There is just one clause of compulsion by DGCA in case of off loading passengers that includes, compensating them well.
The compensation includes accommodating the offloaded passengers in hotels and booking them in next available flight at the earliest. The Indian carriers have paid Rs 6.35 crore in compensating the offloaded passengers last year, while Jet alone spent Rs 4.75 crore.
Jet Airways, which has a strategic partnership with the UAE’s national airline
Popular on BI
- 10 Beautiful staycation options in Bangalore
- Micron begins construction on $2.7 bn India semiconductor plant in 'epic' beginning
- India, Japan agree to strengthen economic cooperation including achieving progress on high-speed railway project
- India rises to No 1 in ODIs, becomes top ranked team in all formats
- Discover what's new in iOS 17: Your ultimate guide to the latest features