Etsy usually has a great holiday season - but Amazon could ruin things this year
The holidays have traditionally been a special time for Etsy. As is the case with many retailers, Etsy's sales tend to spike during the holiday shopping season. But for the purveyor of handmade goods, the jump in sales has usually been especially dramatic, as we can see in this chart from Statista. To spur another big year, the company recently added some new features to its site, including a gift finder service, a gift-wrapping option, and free shipping on selected items.
However, Etsy's ability to reprise its holiday good fortune is an open question now that Amazon is aiming for a bigger piece of the homemade goods market. The e-commerce giant announced this week that products from its Amazon Handmade site will be available via its Prime Now delivery service until Christmas Eve. Late shoppers can use that option to place an order and have their gifts delivered within one or two hours - in plenty of time for Santa. That's great news for Amazon customers, but maybe not for Etsy.
Mike Nudelman/Business Insider
- We asked ChatGPT who the greatest athlete of all time is and it did not go well for LeBron James
- OpenAI CEO Sam Altman is privately reassuring developers using the company's tech that it won't compete with them beyond ChatGPT
- The crowd at the unveiling of Apple's Vision Pro headset let out a collective groan when they found out how wildly expensive it was
- Heatwave grips India - Bihar, West Bengal, Jharkhand to record highest temperature
- Apple Arcade looks Stronger Than Ever - New & Exciting Games Announced
- What is the best date to set for your SIPs – Beginning, end, or middle of the month?
- Asus ROG Flow Z13 review – a premium gaming tablet
- Must do activities on your visit to Mahabaleshwar