Even if Yahoo replaced Google as the default search on iPhone, half of users would switch back
There's a lot of speculation that Yahoo wants to outbid Google to be the default search provider for iPhones and iPads. CEO Marissa Mayer did not deny this desire during Yahoo's last earnings call.
Goldman Sachs' tech analysts have some bad news for Yahoo.These analysts interviewed more than 500 iPhone and iPad users and asked them what they would do if Google were replaced with Yahoo as the default search engine on the mobile version of Safari.
The Goldman analysts actually think that Google might even benefit by allowing Yahoo win the Apple deal because it would no longer have to pay for users who would find their way back to Google anyway.This chart spells out the bad news for Yahoo.
- Around 1,700 people test positive for COVID-19 in Hardiwar Kumbh Mela from April 10-14
- COVID-19: These are the most affected cities in India with the highest number of cases
- ISRO partners with France to launch India's first human spaceflight mission Gaganyaan
- Total TV Owning Households grew by 6.9% to reach 210 million in 2020: BARC Report
- Flipkart acquires Cleartrip in an effort to cement its position in the travel booking segment