Everyone I know on Facebook is sharing this crazy video of a guy surfing on a Motocross bike
A video making the rounds on Facebook right now has to be seen to be believed. Posted by skate and snowboard brand DC Shoes on August 2, it shows a guy surfing on a Motocross bike.
The video launched a day early due to demand after Maddison and DC were teasing stills from it for a few days, according to Maddison's Twitter account.
And according to Maddison, figuring out how to make it work was no small feat.
Enough times to seriously consider quitting & more injuries accrued than some on permanent disabilities https://t.co/IokPz47GNn- Robbie Maddison (@RobbieMaddison) August 2, 2015
The project took plenty of trial and error, including sinking Maddison's bike - a Honda that was outfitted with two paddles - 30 or 40 times, TransWorld reports.
Maddison and DC shot the video at Teahupo'o, a famous surf spot in Tahiti.Of course, Maddison stuck out like a sore thumb.
The fact that people are flipping out about this stunt on social media is quite a coup for both Maddison and DC Shoes - the world of Motocross can be pretty insular, and it's clear this video is breaking into the mainstream thanks to its virality.Athletes like Maddison make a substantial chunk of their salaries from sponsorship deals like Maddison's relationship with DC Shoes. Based on how much attention this project is netting for the brand, the company's investment in Maddison has likely paid off.
- Delhi Budget: Law university, English speaking course on cards for higher education students
- Aurangabad tourism overlooked in Maha budget: Stakeholders
- Delhi govt allocates Rs 1,550 crore in budget for development of unauthorised colonies
- Asus TUF Dash F15 gaming laptop launched starting at ₹1,39,990
- Vedantu plans to hire 2,500 people over the next three months as it take ed-tech to smaller towns