Everything we know about Mike Pence's new press secretary Katie Waldman - who is reportedly dating Trump adviser Stephen Miller
- After Vice President Mike Pence announced he was hiring Katie Waldman as his new press secretary, news of Waldman's reported relationship with controversial White House senior policy adviser Stephen Miller broke.
- Waldman will begin the role on October 1. Previously, she's worked with Republican lawmakers and defended President Donald Trump's immigration policies as Department of Homeland Security press secretary.
- Here's what we know about Pence's newly minted press secretary.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Vice President Mike Pence announced his new press secretary would be Katie Waldman, a vocal supporter of President Donald Trump who previously had stints with Republican lawmakers and the Department of Homeland Security.The news of the hire made even more headlines after Washington Post reporter Nick Miroff tweeted alongside the news that 27-year-old Waldman is dating controversial White House senior policy adviser Stephen Miller.Advertisement
From Waldman's past controversies, reputation as a hard worker, and harsh comments on immigration, see what we know about Pence's newly minted press secretary.
Waldman has a controversial past that began when she was still a student, similar to Miller.
She got her start as a star press secretary in the Senate.Advertisement
She has a history of making harsh comments about migrants.
Waldman and Miller provoked reactions when it was reported that they were dating.Advertisement
Waldman will surely be a key asset as Pence heads into an election year.
- Bitcoin hodl waves indicate 60% of the cryptocurrency is being hoarded – analysts suggest a bull run could be in the offing
- India’s largest packaging company Uflex partners with IIT-Delhi to develop PPE kits—shares soar 9%
- 100 online courses from Coursera are $0 now through May 31 - here's a list of all the classes open for free enrollment
- 195 healthcare workers at AIIMS tested positive for COVID-19 so far
- Suryoday Small Finance Bank raises Rs 62 cr