Everything we know so far about HBO's 'Big Little Lies' season 2, including details about Meryl Streep's pivotal role
But the show was such a hit that HBO and its stars, which include some of the most respected actresses in Hollywood, decided to make a second season (even though the first season is based on a book with no sequels).
On Wednesday, HBO announced that Oscar winner Meryl Streep would join the season two cast. The season won't arrive until 2019, so we collected everything you we know about it so far.
When the season two pick-up was announced, HBO said in a statement:
"The subversive, darkly comedic drama Big Little Lies will explore the malignancy of lies, the durability of friendships, the fragility of marriage and, of course, the vicious ferocity of sound parenting. Relationships will fray, loyalties will erode…the potential for emotional and bodily injury shall loom."
Here's everything we know so far about season two of "Big Little Lies:"
- Pathan, Liger, Godfather: Here’s a list of forthcoming movie releases that will decide the fate of the multiplexes
- Taj Mahal continues to lose its sheen due to pollution in the Yamuna and industrial emissions
- ICICI Bank market-cap hits ₹6 lakh crore as its stock rises to a record high
- Jio, Airtel could emerge stronger weakening Vodafone Idea further, say analysts
- Foreign investors pour over Rs 12,000 cr in Indian equity in last 10 days