Everything you need to know about Bitcoin, its mysterious origins, and the many alleged identities of its creator
Since it was created in 2009, Bitcoin has experienced significant highs and lows. Just this week, the cryptocurrency surpassed an $11,000 evaluation for the first time in history.
Bitcoin is considered the preeminent cryptocurrency in the world, but there's still plenty of mystery surrounding its creation. Who came up with Bitcoin? Was it created by more than one person? And who is Satoshi Nakamoto?
Here's a rundown on the currency's strange beginnings:
Get the latest Bitcoin price here.>>
Popular on BI
- A 53-year-old longevity researcher says his 'biological age' is a decade younger thanks to 4 daily habits — but the science behind them is mixed
- OnePlus Nord CE 3 leaks ahead of launch – specs, expected launch date and more
- New CEO of TCS Krithivasan gets a thumbs up from analysts who are betting on his experience & leadership skills
- Two of Uranus' Moons may have active oceans: NASA study
- Indian banks better placed than their US peers due to attractive valuations and stickier deposits
- Bank of Baroda-backed IndiaFirst Life Insurance gets SEBI nod to launch IPO
- Realme C55 Review: Standard Realme experience with some new tricks
- Just 24% Indian companies ready to defend cybersecurity threats: Cisco study