Everything you need to know about the OnePlus TV 55 Q1 Pro launched in India at Rs.99,900
OnePlusjust launched the OnePlus TVat a price of Rs.69,900 exclusively for the Indian market.
- The smart TV is only available in 55-inches but has two variants — the OnePlus TV 55 Q1 and Q1 Pro.
- The main difference between the two models is the soundbar and floating TV stand.
OnePlus just launched their smart TV exclusively for Indian markets. The 55-inch model is available in two variants — the OnePlus TV 55 Q1 and Q1 Pro.
The regular model costs Rs.69,900 and the pro model comes at a price of Rs.99,900.
The key difference between the two models is the sound system. The OnePlus TV Pro has front facing speakers that roll out when the TV is switched on. As the soundbar slides out, there’s also lights that turn on.
“Our Pro model, it’s actually like a ceremony when you it on. The speakers slowly come out into the front and then there’s a layer of light,” Carl Pei, OnePlus co-founder, told Business Insider India.
There are eight speakers in total that delivering 50 watts of output.
“We will also allow the user to use it as a bluetooth speaker. So, when they’re not watching a show — they can use it in their living room as a great speaker,” said Pei.
The regular OnePlus TV, on the other hand, only has four side facing speakers. It also won’t come bundled with the floating stand.
OnePlus TV features
The entire design of the TV is bezel-less with a carbon fiber pattern on the back cover.
It runs on Android OS but the operating system has OnePlus’ Oxygen OS layered on top.
“It’s based on Android TV because it’s the best ecosystem right now if you want apps and you want content,” said Pei.
OnePlus’ smart TV also connects to a user’s smartphone to give them control over the navigation in addition to remote that comes along with the product.
“The typing experience is really bad on smart TVs. So, now, users can type using their smartphone keyboards,” explained Pei.
Navigating around the screen will be possible using the remote so the mobile app — OnePlus Connect — also has the function to turn the entire screen of the smartphone into a touchpad.
Using the app, OnePlus TV users can also take screenshots of the TV screen.
Popular on BI
- Facebook and Microsoft aren’t the only ones creating a metaverse — here are five popular coins looking to create digital worlds
- Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Jio hikes prices of its plans by 21%
- Facebook, Microsoft and others look towards the $1 trillion dollar ‘metaverse’ opportunity — but that contradicts the base philosophy behind Web 3.0
- Meet Parag Agrawal, the IIT Bombay grad who is taking over from Jack Dorsey at Twitter
- Bankrupt Sintex Industries' stock doubles after RIL showed interest to acquire it
- Omicron COVID-19: Kerala orders 7 days quarantine for arrivals from high risk countries
- In India, less than one in every 10,000 jabs have led to serious adverse reactions — not necessarily due to the vaccine
- After taking us on a nostalgia trip by featuring 90s stars like Rahul Dravid and Jackie Shroff in its ads, CRED is back at it again, this time with Chacha Chaudhary and Suppandi