Everything you need to know about the OnePlus TV 55 Q1 Pro launched in India at Rs.99,900
OnePlusjust launched the OnePlus TVat a price of Rs.69,900 exclusively for the Indian market.
- The smart TV is only available in 55-inches but has two variants — the OnePlus TV 55 Q1 and Q1 Pro.
- The main difference between the two models is the soundbar and floating TV stand.
OnePlus just launched their smart TV exclusively for Indian markets. The 55-inch model is available in two variants — the OnePlus TV 55 Q1 and Q1 Pro.
The regular model costs Rs.69,900 and the pro model comes at a price of Rs.99,900.
The key difference between the two models is the sound system. The OnePlus TV Pro has front facing speakers that roll out when the TV is switched on. As the soundbar slides out, there’s also lights that turn on.
“Our Pro model, it’s actually like a ceremony when you it on. The speakers slowly come out into the front and then there’s a layer of light,” Carl Pei, OnePlus co-founder, told Business Insider India.
There are eight speakers in total that delivering 50 watts of output.
“We will also allow the user to use it as a bluetooth speaker. So, when they’re not watching a show — they can use it in their living room as a great speaker,” said Pei.
The regular OnePlus TV, on the other hand, only has four side facing speakers. It also won’t come bundled with the floating stand.
OnePlus TV features
The entire design of the TV is bezel-less with a carbon fiber pattern on the back cover.
It runs on Android OS but the operating system has OnePlus’ Oxygen OS layered on top.
“It’s based on Android TV because it’s the best ecosystem right now if you want apps and you want content,” said Pei.
OnePlus’ smart TV also connects to a user’s smartphone to give them control over the navigation in addition to remote that comes along with the product.
“The typing experience is really bad on smart TVs. So, now, users can type using their smartphone keyboards,” explained Pei.
Navigating around the screen will be possible using the remote so the mobile app — OnePlus Connect — also has the function to turn the entire screen of the smartphone into a touchpad.
Using the app, OnePlus TV users can also take screenshots of the TV screen.
Popular on BI
- Best moisturizers to keep skin soft and nourished
- TCS, Infosys, Wipro and other IT companies' dream run could be over, say analysts
- Top five safest cars in India with 5-star NCAP ratings
- Sensex down by 0.56%; Nifty IT, metal, media, pharma, PSU bank, and realty top losers among sectoral indices
- Ambassador era relic Hindustan Motors looking to make a comeback with electric vehicles