Everything you've been wanting to know about Burning Man, the wild 9-day arts event in the Nevada desert frequented by celebs and tech moguls
- Burning Man is an annual, nine-day gathering in the Nevada desert.
- It's held the week prior to and including Labor Day weekend each year. It includes artistic performances, installations, music, and a lot of partying.
- No money is exchanged at Burning Man, so participants are expected to bring food, supplies, shelter, and anything else they might need.
- The cost of tickets in 2018 ranged from $425 to $1,200.
In order to truly understand Burning Man, the annual summer event held in the middle of the Nevada desert, you probably just have to go. Advertisement
The nine-day gathering of 70,000 people includes wild costumes, art installations, spontaneous musical performances, and lots of partying.
Burning Man closed with the burning of the Temple Galaxia, a 65-foot wooden structure that symbolizes how the fabric of the universe connects all living beings. For the burning of the temple, people created memorials for deceased loved ones and past relationships, according to the Reno Gazette Journal.With 2018's Burning Man event having ended on September 3, Business Insider has compiled answers to some of your most burning questions about Burning Man.
What is Burning Man?
When is Burning Man?Advertisement
Where does Burning Man take place?
What happens at Burning Man?Advertisement
How many people attend Burning Man?
Who goes to Burning Man?Advertisement
What is 'Billionaires Row' at Burning Man?
How much does it cost to go?Advertisement
What do you need to bring to Burning Man?
How long does it take to drive there?Advertisement
What's the theme of Burning Man?
- Google video 'reveals' Android 11 coming on September 8
- Microsoft goes after app-based consent phishing attacks in Cloud
- Three girls make paintings to raise funds for COVID-19 battle
- Rupee rises 11 paise to 74.91 against US dollar in early trade
- Samsung may skip in-box phone chargers from early next year