Exclusive: Coverfox tells us why online insurance is a good idea, especially after demonetisation
India has primarily been a life
Most of us are in general not aware about the features they should consider while buying Insurance. They find it hard to arrive at a decision about choosing the right plan because the information is not readily available. The insurance industry is still behind in its technology platforms.
ALSO READ: Exclusive: This is how you can get free cloud credits on Digital Ocean
Coverfox.com is not an Insurance broker using technology. Every policy feature is looked at from multiple perspectives to arrive at its representation for the user in a way he or she understands the best. They have an internal policy scoring engine, which goes through over five dozen parameters for each insurance product, taking into account user demographics and giving personalized scores to each product for every user.
ALSO READ: Uber reveals how Indians used its app to get around in 2016, and the results are fascinating
In the wake of demonetization, we see many traditional sectors being affected and financial services haven’t been spared either.
“The active Jan Dhan accounts, greater push on Aadhar integration,
ALSO READ: BI Year-Ender: Five surprising startup acquisitions in 2016
Going digital does bring down operating costs, the benefit of which will be brought down to the consumers in the form of discounts, better services and improved product line-ups.
“There are two key areas in which the insurance sector will see impact of demonetization. In the short run, we are already looking at trends where more and more customers are willing to pay the premium online instead of cash to offline agents. If you look at the health insurance sector, hospitals do a lot of transaction in cash, however, with cashless claim settlement, you can go completely cashless.
With active Jan Dhan accounts, insurance can be made available to a lot more Indians now. This will also increase insurance penetration and bring premiums down in the long run.
“Demonetization has bridged the gap between people who are skeptical of online transactions and the efficient, effective technology that is at their disposal across industries’’ he signs off.
Popular on BI
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- Mark Zuckerberg reportedly said he doesn't like seeing 'managers managing managers,' fueling speculation of more layoffs
- The future of banking is entirely digital
- Study find out the potential cause of dementia
- Odisha Health Minister shot at by police officer
- Rajinikanth issues public notice on infringement of rights, warns legal action
- Govt likely to float global tender for HPV vaccine in April; Merck, Serum Institute may participate
- Finance Ministry to stick to privatisation of already announced CPSEs next fiscal