EXCLUSIVE: Ola share pass pre-sells 5 million share rides in 60 days
The positive response to Share Pass is being credited to the convenience, predictability, and cost-savings that Ola offers.
Share Pass, a subscription product, allows customers to take Ola Share rides at a flat fixed price. Inspired to solve specific challenges in India, Ola has taken an innovative approach towards simplifying its Ola Share users’ commute, delivering affordability, predictability and ‘no peak pricing’ benefits to Ola Share users.
ALSO READ: EXCLUSIVE: Ola’s COO talks about all the aces the company has up its sleeves to take on competition from Uber in 2017
Available in three variants of 10, 20 and 40 rides; customers can hail an Ola Share and pay the same price for every ride. After running a successful launch in Bengaluru, Hyderabad, and Chennai, Share Pass is now live in a total of 7 cities including Delhi-NCR,
Millions of Indian commuters rely on public transport, including buses, local trains, and metros for their daily travel.
Business Insider talked to Raghuvesh
5 Million kgs of CO2 saved
Over the last 8-10 months, Ola Share been able to save upwards of 5 million kilograms of carbon emissions along with over 2 million liters of fuel as more and more people shared cabs. A recent Ola campaign called #DoYourShare; accounted for savings of over 1200 tons of carbon emissions in just three metros - Delhi, Mumbai, and Bengaluru.
How does the Ola Share Pass work?
You can find ‘Share Pass’ under the menu options of your Ola app. Depending on your usage, you can choose from 3 variants of the Pass - 10, 20 or 40 rides. You can pay for the Share Pass using Ola Money/ Net banking / Debit or credit cards. Once purchased, a flat fare will automatically apply every time
Cases where the employer pays for the employees for to and fro office or even where there is a Ride approval for a particular ride, will be integrated into the app through technology’’ says Sarup. Daily commuters and students are the most popular category under the Share pass and the crossing of features makes sense for the company as it results in consistent rides and also regular cash flow.
Popular on BI
- Slice payments app spies on photos, audio records and call history, says Google
- More than $100,000 raised for loyal Burger King employee of 27 years in GoFundMe campaign after video shows him getting 'goody' bag as reward
- Tesla is laying off workers who only just started and withdrawing employment offers as Elon Musk's job cuts begin
- Towards a Greener Footprint: Prioritising Carbon-Neutrality Makes Good Businesses Sense! Are Indian Firms Making the Transition?
- Netflix confirms an ad supported tier is coming to its streaming service by year end
- Accenture, Cognizant could see revenue growth but a strong US dollar could spoil the party
- Kharif sowing is off to a weak start with extended dry spells and floods
- Best ladder for home use in India