Expect Apple to launch new Beats headphones next week
YouTube/Beats by Dre
Beats sent an email to French media on Thursday informing them that "a selection of new Beats by Dre products will be unveiled" at Apple's iPhone 7 launch next week, iDownloadBlog reports.
One publication, iGen.fr, published and later took down a screenshot of the Beats email.
It would make a ton of sense if Beats launched new headphones next week. Since Apple purchased the company, few new models have been released. At the very least, Beats needs to update its headphones to support Apple's proprietary Lightning charging cable.
Plus, especially with the persistent rumor that Apple will reveal an iPhone without a headphone jack next week, it would make sense that Beats would launch headphones designed to work with the new iPhones.
Apple is rumored to be working on a set of wireless earbuds named "Airpods." 9to5Mac previously reported that they may fall under the Beats brand name.
Here's everything we're expecting from next week's Apple event in San Francisco.
- WATCH: "Someone said I am good enough to be a rickshaw puller," shares Freshworks CEO Girish Mathrubootham in a candid chat
- Watch a raven take out a Google drone mid-air as the tech giant is forced to ground its home delivery service due to bird attacks
- Those who have held these stocks for a decade have only lost money
- MyGlamm has set aside $100 million to acquire 6 beauty and personal care brands under new entity
- After Moderna chief, Pfizer CEO says COVID-19 likely to end in a year
- Like many 23-year-olds, Google is facing ‘trust’ issues
- COVID-19: Mizoram's positivity rate at 32% after 1,659 new cases registered in the state
- IPL 2021: Mumbai Indians slips down to seventh spot after losing a match to RCB