Today’s top tech news: FaceApp’s overhyped security issues, Elon Musk wants to test brain chips on humans and the ‘absurdity’ of Facebook’s cryptocurrency
- FaceApp isn’t the one to blame for having access to your library, it's a loophole in Apple’s operating system.
- Elon Musk has a chip to cure brain disorders and help with paralysis — all he needs is FDA approval to kick off human trials in 2020.
- Facebook is trying to convince the US government that its new cryptocurrency is a good idea but no one's buying it.
- Azim Prem Ji, Wipro Chairman, attending his last general meeting on Tuesday and highlighted four areas of technology that could benefit the company’s growth.
- Flipkart founder, Sachin Bansal, has made a new investment — this time in boAt, a Delhi-based startups focused on selling electronic audio equipment.
This is Tech Insider’s daily dose of
FaceApp returns to smartphones but its not stealing your data
Azim Premji announces four technologies that Wipro will focus on as he bid adieuAdvertisement
Sachin Bansal invests in boAt headphones, which says it sells five units every minute
- It only takes 50 tweets to find a troll on Twitter
- Best neckband headphones for a rich audio experience
- India’s first private player to successfully test a homegrown rocket engine is on track for its first full rocket launch by 2021
- Hiring is on a slow rise in India, but the numbers are nowhere close to pre-COVID levels
- Microsoft confirms Xbox Series X to launch in November