Today’s top tech news: FaceApp’s overhyped security issues, Elon Musk wants to test brain chips on humans and the ‘absurdity’ of Facebook’s cryptocurrency
- FaceApp isn’t the one to blame for having access to your library, it's a loophole in Apple’s operating system.
- Elon Musk has a chip to cure brain disorders and help with paralysis — all he needs is FDA approval to kick off human trials in 2020.
- Facebook is trying to convince the US government that its new cryptocurrency is a good idea but no one's buying it.
- Azim Prem Ji, Wipro Chairman, attending his last general meeting on Tuesday and highlighted four areas of technology that could benefit the company’s growth.
- Flipkart founder, Sachin Bansal, has made a new investment — this time in boAt, a Delhi-based startups focused on selling electronic audio equipment.
This is Tech Insider’s daily dose of
FaceApp returns to smartphones but its not stealing your data
Azim Premji announces four technologies that Wipro will focus on as he bid adieu
Sachin Bansal invests in boAt headphones, which says it sells five units every minute
Popular on BI
- India's foreign exchange reserves fall to $573 bn
- India's retail inflation dropped below 7% in July for the first time in four months
- Samsung announces Galaxy Watch5 Series with sleep tracking and IR temperature sensor
- India's exports rose to $36 billion in July; trade deficit almost triples
- Rupee, bond yield ends almost flat ahead of the long weekend