Facebook and Whatsapp are the most exciting brands of 2015
AdvertisementWhen you hear the word ‘brand’ do you still think of
Ask 19 year old
If you blame it on India’s growing urbanity, hold on! Here’s Rajesh from a suburb in Patna who is preparing for UPSC exams. “ Social media is of utmost importance for me because that’s the fastest way to know about the world. If I am having a doubt while I am travelling, I’ll quickly whatsapp (note how it became a verb) my friend and get it solved.”
Way the new generation communicates and understands the modes of communication, it’s a massive change. Facebook helps us to stay in
As per a news report by The Economic Times, there are 55 million daily active users (DAU) on Facebook and 49 million on mobile in India. The number's a tad higher globally " 936 million DAU. And then a little over a year ago the biggest social network on the planet acquired instant messaging app WhatsApp for a mad sum, $19 billion, if we're being precise.
And as per the news report, Whatsapp and Facebook have been ranked as first and second in the list of Most Exciting Brands in India.
The financial daily further says, WhatsApp, with its monthly active user base of 800 million (of which an estimated 10 % is in India) is the one app to rule them all. According to the company, the fastest growing markets are Brazil, India, Mexico and
WhatsApp founder & CEO
We really don’t deem Facebook or Whatsapp as a product rather a part of our beinghood. And if that’s how we perceive these new immigrants in our living space, thing’s they are a changing!
Popular on BI
- A Google engineer found out she had been laid off while she was on vacation when her boss sent her a LinkedIn message
- A laid-off Microsoft software engineer on an H1-B visa said she wonders 'where will I be living' with just 60 days to find a new job
- Laid-off Google employees are turning to a Discord server with nearly 18,000 members for emotional support and financial advice
- Measures in place to address excess volatility: Sebi on Adani crisis
- Revival of rural economy to take time in the absence of triggers: JM Financial
- Logistics startup FarEye lays off 90 employees, 2nd job cut in 8 months
- Vani Jayaram, the voice behind 10,000 songs, passes away at 78
- Not the first time FPO is taken back, won't affect image of the country: FM