Facebook is about to report its Q4 earnings
Justin Sullivan/Getty Images
- Revenue: $12.55 billion
- Earnings per share (GAAP): $1.95
- Monthly active users: 2.13 billion
- Daily active users: 1.41 billion
Should the company meet expectations, the results would represent more than 45% growth in sales and a 60% jump in earnings per share from the same period a year earlier.
But the report follows growing scrutiny and criticism of the company regarding Russia's alleged use of the social network to spread propaganda to influence the 2016 presidential campaign, the spread of fake news stories through the site, and the rise of reports of social-media addiction. The company has recently announced steps to address such concerns, but warned that its efforts may cut back on use of its service.
Analysts and investors will be looking for word on how big a financial impact the company expects from such efforts.
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- The best wildlife photos of the year show a curious grizzly, dueling reindeer, and fish swimming through a cloud of sperm
- Trading app Public lists shiba inu coin on its trading platform as the Robinhood rival broadens crypto offerings
- Unemployment rate in India sees a dip after a month
- L&T aims to become carbon neutral by 2040 and here's how
- Paytm may drop its pre-IPO sale as advisors recommend lower valuation
- Adidas onboards Deepika Padukone as its global brand ambassador
- The depth of India’s vaccination drive — Gujarat tops the list, UP and Bihar yet to vaccinate a third of their population