Facebook is about to report its Q4 earnings
Justin Sullivan/Getty Images
Facebook will report its fourth-quarter results after the market closes on Wednesday. Here's what analysts are expecting, according to Bloomberg data:
- Revenue: $12.55 billion
- Earnings per share (GAAP): $1.95
- Monthly active users: 2.13 billion
- Daily active users: 1.41 billion
Should the company meet expectations, the results would represent more than 45% growth in sales and a 60% jump in earnings per share from the same period a year earlier.
But the report follows growing scrutiny and criticism of the company regarding Russia's alleged use of the social network to spread propaganda to influence the 2016 presidential campaign, the spread of fake news stories through the site, and the rise of reports of social-media addiction. The company has recently announced steps to address such concerns, but warned that its efforts may cut back on use of its service.
Analysts and investors will be looking for word on how big a financial impact the company expects from such efforts.
Visit Markets Insider for constantly updated market quotes for individual stocks, ETFs, indices, commodities and currencies traded around the world. Go Now!
- Billionaire investor Mark Mobius says he's been able to get his money out of China, but investing in the country is still a 'dilemma' amid national security laws
- The Carnival cruise passenger who went overboard and remains missing was on his first cruise and it became his 'happy place,' his fiancée said
- My fiancé and I picked out my engagement ring together before he proposed, and I don't regret missing out on the surprise
- Nvidia's Jensen Huang started with a $10 million failure before shifting gears to become a $1 trillion company
- Meet the top Nifty50 performers in FY23
- Apple to declare the 12-inch MacBook as obsolete on June 30
- Xiaomi 13 Ultra first impressions: Razor sharp camera in a faux leather-back design
- Wedding bells drive two-wheeler sales in May, passenger vehicles cruise on SUVs