Facebook is letting businesses tag their products in photos and videos
Facebook is experimenting with letting page owners tag actual products in their photos, videos, and other posts, Business Insider has confirmed.We recently saw the new prompt from one of our Facebook pages, and Facebook confirmed that it was testing the feature when we asked.
"To provide Page admins with more tools to drive organic product discovery, we're testing the ability to tag products in photos, videos and posts," a Facebook spokesperson said in a statement."Organic" discovery means that there's no paid advertising component to tagging products this way yet, but it wouldn't be a stretch to imagine Facebook somehow monetizing the feature in the future.
A company spokesperson said that page owners with their own product catalog or shop section on Facebook will have the ability to tag products in posts.
NOW WATCH: Hidden Facebook tricks you need to know
- 5-star rating refrigerator (fridge) in India
- Best soundbar with Dolby Atmos in India 2021
- Best soundbars with a wireless subwoofer
- Myntra signs up Hrithik Roshan, Vijay Deverakonda and Dulquer Salmaan as its newest brand ambassadors
- Google is now using Chrome as an added security layer for account sign-ins