Facebook is now generating 8 billion video views per day
During its third quarter earnings call Wednesday night, CEO Mark Zuckerberg said the platform is generating 8 billion video views per day. A view, to Facebook, counts as someone tuning into a video for at least three seconds.According to a Bloomberg alert, only 500 million people watch videos on Facebook's platform each day. If that's true, that would mean people are watching a bunch of videos per day, and that those videos are likely autoplaying a ton.
Some additional stats from the earnings call:
- Facebook now has more than one billion people accessing Facebook on Android devices.
- Zuckerberg says 50 million people use "Facebook Light," the low-bandwidth version of the platform for people with less powerful cell phones and data plans.
- More than 80 million photos are shared on Instagram every day.
- More than 9.5 billion photos are sent on Facebook Messenger every month.
- 925 million people use Facebook Groups.
- OPINION: “I would bet on Novovax,” a doctor’s take on how to make the COVID-19 vaccine jabs more effective
- Aishwarya Pissay, a champion motorcyclist, describes what it takes to ace the circuit
- Mandatory 14-days quarantine for Delhi residents returning from Kumbh Mela, says Delhi Disaster Management Authority
- Check out the youngest players in IPL 2021
- JEE Mains entrance exam postponed amid surge in COVID-19 cases