Facebook is officially a mobile-first company
Facebook has done a better job of capitalizing on the move to mobile than any other major internet company.
When it went public in May 2012, it had just launched a mobile advertising business. Now, mobile advertising makes up the vast majority of its revenue - 78% in the quarter ended September 30.As this chart from Statista shows, the number of mobile-only Facebook users has grown 7x since the beginning of 2012, and last quarter it surpassed the number of mobile-and-desktop users for the first time. A lot of that growth comes from developing countries where people are using their mobile phones as their only computers, and Facebook has done a lot over the last couple years to make sure the site works well over slow mobile connections.
- UP to have cold chain space for 1.23L litres of vaccine
- Wuhan authorities now find Covid-19 on imported frozen food
- From WhiteHat Jr, Big Basket, and Unacademy to Dunzo — these are the Indian startups that reported data leaks over the past few months
- Chennai volunteer for SII's Covid vaccine claims Rs 5 cr compensation for health complications
- ASEAN distances from China's Covid vaccine diplomacy