Facebook is taking on GoFundMe with a personal donation feature
The next time you want to raise money, you'll be able to do it on Facebook.
On Thursday, the social network introduced a new personal fundraiser feature à la GoFundMe. Facebook users will be able to create donation pages to raise money for things like tuition money, medical procedures, and other emergencies.
The feature was previously restricted to registered nonprofits, but now Facebook is making it available to everyone over the age of 18 in the US.
Each fundraiser will be reviewed by Facebook employees before it's approved, and people will be able to send money directly on Facebook using its payments service. Facebook already takes a 5% processing and verification fee for donations to charities.
- Chip shortage hits new brands in tough Indian laptop market
- Petrol and diesel prices hiked again by 35 paise for fifth consecutive day across the country
- India vs Pakistan at ICC T20 World Cup: The ‘Men in Blue’ have a definite advantage in this one
- Tamil drama 'Koozhangal' is India's official entry for Oscars 2022
- ICICI Bank net profit rises 25% on lower provisions in September quarter