Facebook is testing a new feature that makes it more like Craigslist
The company is testing a feature called "Local Market," based on screenshots sent to AdWeek that illustrate a new way for people to buy and sell things on the site.Earlier this year, Facebook launched For Sale Groups that let users list prices and pick-up locations for products they wanted to sell. Local Market looks like a new way to search for all different categories of goods nearby without staying within specific groups.
Business Insider reached out to Facebook for comment and more information.The move aligns with Facebook's ecommerce strategy so far. The company recently announced that it's expanding its "Shop" section to curate items that businesses are selling from their Pages.
At the time, Facebook said that it was "exploring" the idea of also listing content being sold in Groups in this section, and it looks like Local Markets could be this concept starting to play out.It also jibes with Facebook's recent decision to allow strangers to message each other without having the conversation filter into the rarely-accessed "Other Folder" of Messages. Without that change, the "message to buy" feature likely wouldn't function as intended. If you've seen this feature floating around your Facebook app, we'd love to see your screenshots - firstname.lastname@example.org
- UltraTech Cement's ₹5,477 crore expansion plan is a sign that Birla is betting on a faster economic recovery
- SBI’s mobile banking app is down for the third time in 30 days — digital services take a hit for the 25th time this year
- HCL Tech's Roshni Nadar is India's richest woman in 2020, according to Kotak Wealth Hurun India list
- Hero ISL’s viewership for the first 8 matches has grown by 16% in comparison to last year
- Reliance Infratel resolution plan approved by NCLT Mumbai – Jio to pick up the tower unit