Facebook Names 'Cookie Jam' The New 'Candy Crush'
Instead, a similarly colorful puzzle game called "Cookie Jam" is number one.
"Cookie Jam" beat out other wildly popular games such as "Kim Kardashian: Hollywood," "Klondike," "Old Vegas Slots," "League of Angels," and "Sparta: War of Empires."
"Candy Crush Saga's" cousin, "Candy Crush Soda Saga," was named the third top game. "Bubble Witch Saga 2," which is produced by "Candy Crush's" parent company, King, was named runner-up.
"Cookie Jam's" dominance of the platform has been swift. The game only launched last May, yet rose to well over 5 million players on Facebook in a matter of months.
Cookie Jam screen
It consists of a magical world where players must complete baking-themed puzzles in order to proceed to the next level.
Like "Candy Crush Saga," players navigate a vertical grid of colorful shapes which players can swap around to progress in the game. Players can also purchase in-app coins and boosters.
The game was developed by SGN (Social Gaming Network), which was founded by founded by MySpace cofounder Chris DeWolfe.
You can read the full post about Facebook's top games here.
- I was working toward a promotion at Amazon when my manager started emailing me about needing coaching. Now I'm worried about losing my job.
- Google's head of mental health and wellbeing was among the 12,000 workers laid off by the tech giant
- Mercedes-Benz says it has achieved Level 3 automation, which requires less driver input, surpassing the self-driving capabilities of Tesla and other major US automakers
- Pakistan facing worst economic crisis ever as its rupee plunges, says Asian Lite report
- Inflation in India expected to come down to 5 pc in 2023 and 4 pc in 2024: IMF
- Sensex, Nifty50 fall erasing opening gains – six out of nine Adani Group stocks decline
- These are the brands that make shopping easy for customers
- Indian economy retains its crown as a bright spot: IMF report