Facebook now has a whopping 4 products that more than 1 billion people use every month
This means that Messenger is the fourth Facebook product to enter the elite "1,000,000 club," including its other chat app, WhatsApp, Groups, and the main social network (which actually gets more than 1 billion users every day).
Over the last several years, Messenger has evolved from a simple chat app to a full-fledged platform that lets people send each other money, make phone calls, call an Uber, or order flowers.
CEO Mark Zuckerberg has said that the business-potential of a product doesn't become "interesting" until it hits that number. Now that Messenger has, we can expect Wall Street to grill execs about it even more than usual when the company has its Q2 earnings call on July 27.
From Facebook's announcement, here are some other stats about Messenger:
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- Why Google employees fear the worst as the company quietly extends its hiring freeze
- Galaxy Digital terminates $1.2 billion acquisition of crypto firm BitGo
- Markets poised for positive momentum in August as domestic and global inflation eases
- Here’s a list of stocks that can benefit from the festive season
- Nepotism and termite-like corruption dented India : Modi
- Modi lists five pledges to turn India into a developed country in 25 years